Here are the key principals that we have put in place:
Evaluate: We will continue to evaluate our business processes and third party relations in regard to the management of your personal information.
Develop: We will continue to develop our internal and external policies in regard to data protection, privacy and retention.
EWL CLUB (UK) LIMITED (“We”, “EWL”, “our” or “us) are committed to protecting YOUR (“you” or “your”) personal data, handling it responsibly and respecting your privacy.
This policy covers the personal data that we collect whenever you interact with us, including when you use our website, register or renew your EWL membership, attend an EWL event, and when you correspond with us (by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
The sections below explains this in more detail:
- The types of personal data we collect from you
- The types of personal data we receive from third parties
- Why we process your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- How long we retain your personal data and security
- Your rights to withdraw your consent and to object (including to direct marketing)
- Your other personal data rights
- How to contact us and exercise your rights
Personal data that EWL collects from you
We collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our website, join us as an EWL member, attend an EWL event or when you email or phone us.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- The name and contact details that you provide at the time of making an enquiry, when you register as a member or customer with us, and complete contact or registration forms on our website ewlclubuk.com (“our website”).
- Your payment and address details, we do not hold credit card details.
- Your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us.
- Information you provide when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Your browser or device information.
- Information about your use of our website.
- Your communications with us, including when you report a problem to us.
- Information about your attendance at EWL events.
Personal data that EWL receives from third parties
Sometimes we receive personal data from third parties, in particular:
- You may have asked someone to book or to make an enquiry on your behalf.
- Software tell us how you engage with our website.
- Government and law enforcement authorities may provide us with personal identification and background information when they are involved in official inquiries.
Why EWL processes your personal data
This section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
If you’ve opted-in to receive information and offers relating to EWL and our commercial partners (for example by ticking a box on an email marketing or event registration form) then we’ll provide this information to you by email.
We also rely on your consent to process information about your use of our website and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver information that is relevant to you.
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have a right to withdraw that consent.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Tailoring our website and communications for you. We collect information about your engagement with us online (such as pages that you have visited on our website) and combine that with aggregated insights we have about our membership base, to build a fuller understanding of your individual preferences.
- Managing your attendance and participation at upcoming events.
- Managing and improving your membership experience where appropriate.
- Carrying out profiling to tailor our marketing information which is most relevant and appropriate to you.
- Monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services.
- Checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions).
- Sending you some types of direct marketing by email.
- Responding to your comments or complaints.
- Undertaking, or inviting you to take part in, market research.
- Preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime.
- Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters.
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your EWL Membership and to provide products and services that you have requested, or manage your attendance at one of our event.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities.
Who does EWL share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Commercial partners, so they can advise us how best to communicate with you on their behalf. We do not give your data to partners for them to communicate with you directly.
- Third party suppliers involved in; systems maintenance; database management; identity checking; payment processing; delivery logistics, we will never share your data with third party suppliers for any sales and marketing purposes.
- Government authorities to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations.
- Our advisers, any prospective bookers advisers, and any new owners of the business (in the event our business is sold or integrated with another business).
How long does EWL retain your personal data?
We retain personal data about your transactions for as long as your EWL membership remains active, and for 90 days after attendance at an EWL event by non-members. Where you have given consent to receive emails and direct marketing from us, we keep a record of that fact to ensure we respect your request.
We also retain membership information with the potential to give rise to legal disputes for 5 years from the expiry or termination of such.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organisation. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that security may have been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission and this is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights to withdraw consent and to object (including to direct marketing)
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent. You also have the right to object to any use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, as well as to processing that we undertake based on our legitimate interests.
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
- For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data.
- To correct or delete your personal data.
- To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- To provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation.
These rights may not always apply, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping. If this is the case then we’ll let you know when we respond to your request.
How to contact us and exercise your rights
The easiest way to stop receiving information from us is by opting out of communications through the unsubscribe links which are present on all of our communications with you. You can also correct your personal details through your online membership account or via the update your preferences link on email communications.
We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data. You can contact us at any time using the contact details or contact form below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information and a summary of your query.
EWL Club (UK)) Ltd Data Protection Officer and Controller:
Helen Moon | t: 07961 451529 | e: email@example.com
If you consider our use of your personal information to be unlawful, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK (please see further information on their website: www.ico.org.uk).
The information set out in this policy is provided to individuals whose personal data we process as data controller, in compliance with our obligations under Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
thanks to our sponsors & partners